Sunday, August 7, 2016

Take a Word - Book

When I was a child, the teacher in our little one-room school set aside time every day to read a bit from a book to all of us.  His carefully chosen books opened our eyes to worlds beyond our very rural part of Illinois.  It engendered in me a love for the written word which has lasted my life long.  I will always be grateful to that teacher!    The book above is from Sharing Tubes, the art is one of my own featuring a child from a painting by Jesse Wilcox Smith.   Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. I love what you have done here so original and cute...great job Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done here so original and cute...great job Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this is fabulous Bev-magical whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really nailed this theme, Bev, and in such a creative and thoughtful way. I love that you have used your own artwork in it. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and charming way to visualize your love of books.
    Great job, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative indeed and like your story.

    ReplyDelete