Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sunday Postcard - Architecture


This is the courthouse in Pontiac, Illinois, on historic Route 66.  It was featured in the Jamie Lee Curtis film "Grandview".  The courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Construction was completed in 1875 at a cost of $75,000. The architecture style is Second Empire.  The clocks in the spire have been running since 1892.    A wonderful bit of history!  It so happens I grew up on a farm a few miles from here.

9 comments:

  1. love your postcard Bev
    and thanks for the interesting info into this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your knowledge and your postcard it look professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card -makes me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Bev, and I learned something too! Also I notice your new blog header - delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great postcard..love that you have given the info for the building..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to live in Streator, IL, not all that far from Pontiac! I have seen this building! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete