Monday, August 20, 2012

Take a Word - Tattered

I've had houseguests this week, and no time for art.  I'm participating in the Sketchbook Project 2013 this year, and I decided to post this photo of a spread from that journal for this week's Take A Word challenge..   This page is done in pan pastels, and for some reason they don't scan true to color.  Sorry about that!  The images are ATC size, and tucked into pockets.    If you're not familiar with the Sketchbook Project, have a look.  It's an exciting and fun project.  You might like to participate!
http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

17 comments:

  1. I love the pockets and the sweet girls, Bev.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it very much Bev!
    I'll go & see The sketchbook. :)
    Kisses my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dear Bev. I like cards and things with pockets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage charm of this piece- it has that beautiful "tea-stained" look (and I mean that in the best possible way) !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors look beautiful to me! Lavender and green are always great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev, your book with its pockets is gorgeous as are the little ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL, Bev! I'll go check out your link :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pages, well done. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage pages, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like everything with pockets, esp. in altered books etc...
    great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The actual colours must be really something if you think they have suffered from the scanning because I think these open pages fairly glow. Absolutely beautiful with an aged look. Take a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bev, your ATC sized inserts seem to glow with light and the whole double page spread it beautiful. I'm glad you've managed to participate in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite part of this wonderful piece is the violet flowers in the corners. So delicate! It's all lovely, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely piece, I'll go and check out the link you provided too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really cool! You did well with the pastels, and I love the little cards in the pockets.

    ReplyDelete