Sunday, September 1, 2013

Take a Word - Autumn

The theme  this week is autumn...my favorite time of year, but it seems it's coming all too fast this year.  The tree outside my window has begun to drop an occasional leaf, and I see hints of color in the forest, so it seems soon there will be Fall displays such as the one above.  The background is a photo I took near my home a couple of years ago, the Fall display is cybersurfed, and the scarecrow is a sketch from something I saw on the net.   The words, of course, are from the song "Autumn Leaves", so beautifully sung by the irreplaceable Nat King Cole.  Thanks for your visit!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely,lovely, lovely.Stellar,Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes, this really lovly and adorable. Fantastic automn colours on the pictur you have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing funny combination of the photo with the painted doll. Great fun! I love Nat King Cole and his adorable voice too!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cute little scarecrow he just make this great autumn collage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarecrow is a lovely touch to your beautiful Autumn background, Bev! Looking forward to Spring here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your angry scarecrow will soon be happy. He only has to look back and appreciate the view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarecrow great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly beautiful scene Bev and I LOVE that scarecrow. A favourite challenge this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sad little scarecrow. And the beautiful vista as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful autumn picture you have used as background and a great touch with a lovely hand drawn scarecrow.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful piece Bev! One of the trees in my yard has already dropped half of its leaves already. I think it's a little early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific Autumn artwork...beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've captured all the beauty of autumn. I love autumn, too. But I sure don't love what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet... with those gorgeous autumn oolors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with the scarecrow, Bev, surely it can't be time for autumn yet!
    Great fun.

    ReplyDelete