Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Three Muses - Reflections

There's something about seeing the lights of a city at night, either from across water or from high in an airplane, that makes me reflective. I lose myself in thought about all the lives represented there...the joys of birth, the grief of death, celebrations, angry confrontations...all the people swept along in the challenges of life, their stories as varied as pebbles on a beach.   Maybe that's what The Bard was thinking about when he made the statement above!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, and beautiful reflection in every sense of the term dear Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, Bev to match your equally beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Bev I like the black cut out it make the scene more intimate...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite piece one again dear Bev! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! :) I too love to gaze onto the city lights and reflect~

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Bev. The frame matches well to the fine photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! what a great reflections piece and the starry frame is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only have you created a stunning piece of art, Bev, but also added a lovely back story of life going on all around you. This deserves a big high five, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bev, this is amazing. I love the star-studded sky and the beautiful reflections on the water. You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way as you about the city. Did you know our challenge this week at The Order of the Opus Gluei is "Cityscape"? This would be perfect for that! and BTW, I like the mask.

    ReplyDelete