Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Three Muses - Africa

Africa and its mysteries holds a fascination for many of us.  My niece has been working  as a missionary in Tanzania.  She has grown quite fond of Africa.   Several years ago I read a memoir by Kuki Gallmann, "I Dreamed of Africa".   It is a fascinating book of life on a vast ranch in Kenya in the 1970's.   And then, who cannot remember the romantic film "Out of Africa" starring Robert Redford and Meryl Streep!    I hope you enjoyed your visit to Africa this week!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image of the continent of my childhood... Thank you Bev for this wonderful challenge. Unhappily, I can't participate, but I can try to see all the other challengers images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so appreciated this display you have done Bev of Africa. Speaks love dedication.
    To many. So many of family, friends
    are dedicated still and others have left of many years of retirement.

    My entry is up also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your picture Bev. I have used the same woman image in the corner of mine...great minds think alike eh! Enjoy your week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have taken my eye right into the background of this, Bev. A masterly piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderfully made ​​Bev, I think he looks worried out over the landscape and with good reason when we think about how many poor people there are in Africa.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete